The Mongoose Metrics call tracking integration with Google Analytics allows users to track phone calls and see phone call data within their Google Analytics reports. Call activity is logged back to Google Analytics when the Google Analytics account holder associates a URL that contains their on-page tracking with a Mongoose Metrics tracking number. When the trackable phone number is dialed and the phone call is connected, our phone call server will also place an automated browser visit to the URL you specified. In this way, the offline phone call data is logged back to the Google Analytics reports.
Google Analytics/1:1 Integration Instructions
1. Create a hidden page on the root of your website titled: phone_call.html. This hidden page is not linked and will not be visited or seen by normal users. It will only contain the normal HTML elements and your Google Analytics tracking code.
a. For this example, our website is: mytextpromo.com/matt/analytics_phone_calls.html and our post back URL is
(Be sure that any redirects to your url include all parameters present.)
2. Once this hidden page is created, go to the Mongoose Metrics Dashboard and click on "edit" for the specific campaign
3. Select “Analytics Integration" from the Analytics menu
4. In the “Phone Calls URL” text box, enter the URL of your hidden page.
a. By entering your URL here, this lets the Mongoose system know which page to hit after a phone call occurs.
5. Next, choose which data you would like to push/send to Google Analytics among the following fields.
a. There are the five default fields on the left that are included in Google Analytics. By default we include the Source, Medium and Name.
b. Campaign Source is the traffic source: By default we put MM AccuTrack, because with the 1:1 product we do not track at the source level.
c. Campaign Medium: phone.
d. Campaign Name: name of your Mongoose campaign.
e. There is no requirement, but you can choose additional call variables on the right to push into Google Analytics (Shown below). Simply check the boxes on the left or copy and paste from the reference column on the right and place it into any open fields. (Note: These additional variables will appear on the URL within Google Analytics but custom coding may be required to parse the values in the URL).
6. Click “Generate URL”, Mongoose will display your completed URL.
7. Click “Save and Confirm.”
8. Once you start getting phone calls, login to your Google Analytics account to validate data.
a. Go to “Traffic Sources” (1), “Sources” (2) and then “Campaigns” (3).
b. The arrows indicate where the Mongoose Metrics data will appear within Google Analytics.
The Integration is complete!