DoubleClick Integration Overview
CONFIDENTIAL Copyright 2013 Mongoose Metrics. This document is confidential and proprietary
property. Please do not forward this document without prior consent from Mongoose Metrics.
Mongoose Metrics’ Session product dynamically captures DoubleClick’s GCLID (Google Click ID) within
the product suite. Once a phone call is completed, Mongoose Metrics will automatically insert the GCLID
variable into the information that is passed to the DoubleClick platform. This allows you to associate calls
from your site to conversions (leads or sales) that these calls may have generated. By passing this call
tracking information to DoubleClick, it is now able to incorporate this more accurate conversion data into
your bid management business rules.
Please note that in order to incorporate conversion or revenue data, it will be necessary to integrate the
Mongoose Metrics call data into a CRM, ERP or commerce application.
CONFIGURING - MONGOOSE METRICS / DOUBLECLICK INTEGRATION
1. Initiate Call Tracking Through DoubleClick
DoubleClick will need to activate call tracking within your DoubleClick account. Please contact
your DoubleClick account manager or support team.
2. Edit Campaigns in Mongoose Metrics User Interface
• Log in to your Mongoose Metrics dashboard and click on the “Campaigns” tab.
• Click on “Edit Campaign” for the Session campaign that you would like to configure. (See
Image 1, highlighted in red.)
Image 1: Campaigns
3. Enable Configuration in Mongoose Metrics User Interface
Click on the “Analytics" dropdown button, located on on the upper left, then select Bid Management Integrations.
Image 2: Enable Configuration
4. Define Conversion Type
This step enables you to configure the specific type of conversion that will be attributed in the
DoubleClick platform. There are three types of conversions (See Image 3):
1. All Calls are Conversion.
2. All Calls that exceed a time threshold (e.g., 60 seconds, two minutes, five minutes, etc.).
3. Only calls associated with revenue. (Whether it’s average revenue from all calls, or actual
revenue from a specific call. Note: if you are associating revenue from specific calls, this
will require a CRM integration. Please contact your Mongoose Metrics representative for
Image 3: Define Conversion Type
• Log Call – Enabling this option will add a conversion to your DoubleClick Search account
when a call occurs on a phone number associated with this campaign. The phone number
advertisement served up from Google DoubleClick. Call conversions will be uploaded one
hour after the phone call completes and will be available in the DoubleClick Search
dashboard a few hours later.
o A Call can be inserted into DoubleClick as ACTION or TRANSACTION.
o “Conversions” can be associated to calls over “x” seconds long (you define the
variable). Enter this value as numerical only.
o “Segment name” refers to the Floodlight action configured in DoubleClick For
Advertisers. Read more about Floodlight:
• Log Revenue – Enabling this option will add a conversion to your DoubleClick Search
account when revenue is added or updated for this campaign. Revenue conversions will only
be added after a call conversion has occurred. Revenue can be updated through a
Mongoose Metrics APIv1 call to ‘update_call_revenue‘. Revenue conversions will be
uploaded one hour after the API call and should be available in the DoubleClick Search
dashboard a few hours later.
o A Revenue transaction can be inserted into DoubleClick as ACTION or
o Segment name refers to the Floodlight action configured in DoubleClick For
Advertisers. Read more about Floodlight:
• Once you have defined the type of conversion(s) that will be passed through to DoubleClick
Search platform, click the “Set up Google Double Click” button and this will complete the
integration in the Mongoose Metrics User Interface.
5. Revenue Attribution
In order to account for specific revenue from a phone call into the DoubleClick platform, you must
first integrate the Mongoose Metrics call tracking data into your CRM, ERP or commerce system.
Please refer to the CRM Integration portion of this document for further details. Once you have
completed the CRM integration and a Mongoose Metrics client services member has validated
this was successful, you will need to enable the Mongoose Metrics Revenue API. Please refer to
the portion of this document titled “Enabling Mongoose Metrics Revenue API Call.”
VALIDATING CALL TRACKING DATA WITHIN DOUBLECLICK PLATFORM
1. Log in to your DoubleClick account and click on the Mongoose Metrics API Testing Tab, located
on the lower left hand corner (See Image 4).
Image 4: Mongoose Metrics Tab
2. You are now at the Main Dashboard. In the upper left hand corner, click on the appropriate
AdWords account. (See Image 5, below)
Image 5: Select AdWords Account
3. Click on the “Columns” tab, located in the upper right hand corner. (See Image 6)
Image 6: Columns Tab
4. Next, click on the “Floodlight Activities” tab, located on the left hand column, under available
columns. (See Image 7)
Image 7: Floodlight Activities
5. Enable the “Calls” activity by clicking the “+” button. This is related to the type of conversion you
defined in the Mongoose Metrics User Interface. If you are only interested in having calls present
in the DoubleClick environment, only enable the “Calls” tab. If you are tracking revenue
associated with calls, please enable the “Sales” Floodlight activity button as well. The screen
shot below (Image 8) reflects both “Calls” and “Sales” activity tags, highlighted in Red.
Image 8: Tracking “calls” and “sales”
6. Once you have completed the Floodlight activity portion, please click “Apply” in the lower left
hand corner and you will be direct back to the Main Dashboard.
Image 9: Main Dashboard
7. To download a file that contains Call Tracking and Sales data, please click the “Download” button
on the right hand side. Enable the “Conversions” button, under include types row. You will need
to disable all other conversion types in order to view the data properly. Click the “Download”
button located above the campaign column and your file will be populated.
Image 10: Downloading your data
CRM INTEGRATION / BACKEND DATA SYSTEMS
By integrating call data within a CRM, ERP or other back end systems, it is possible to determine not just
what marketing channels and keyword clicks are generating phone calls, but also what your overall ROI
from tactics that result in phone calls. Please contact your Mongoose Representative for additional
documentation that outlines our integration capabilities.
ENABLING MONGOOSE METRICS REVENUE API CALL
This portion of the document provides a means to update conversion revenue for a specific call within a
To send API requests, API access must be enabled for your account, and you will need to send your API
key along with the request.
Requests to the API can be sent either as an HTTP request with the parameters in the URL, or an XML
document via POST. The requested tasks will be executed and a summary response in XML format will
How to enable API access and obtain your API key:
How to obtain your campaign code: